Small business owners work with limited funds. But for every business owner, the prime concern is: “How to promote my business?“.🤔
To build a solid marketing plan, you need serious money — the kind that small establishments may not be able to afford on their own.
To develop effective marketing strategies for a business, business owners may use some external sources, like small business loans, that provide you with the hassle-free means to design a productive small business marketing plan.
Such loans can be used differently to devise a range of marketing strategies for small businesses. To know more, read on-
1. Creating your First Digital Mark
Image Source: pxhere
You may have gained traction in your offline business, but are you yet to spread your wings? Maybe it’s time your business had an online presence.
Even if your’s is a small business, you must take it online and let everyone know why you exist and why you are better than the rest.
Take advantage of small business loans to develop your own website. This should be your first step to planning your small business marketing strategy.
Many companies, offering software development services, develop customised websites for clients with individual requirements.
Read Related Blog: Planning to Take Your Biz down the Digital Road? Here’s How.
2. How to Promote your Business Online?
Now that your website is ready for people to visit, you must ensure that they do. This is where digital marketing comes in.
After all, how would people know you if you don’t market it right?🤔
Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.”– Seth Godin, Bestselling Author and Blogger
Image Source: Pixabay
Digital marketing isn’t simply sharing your website’s home page on your Facebook page for your friends to see and “Like”. It is quite a complicated task, requiring specialised expertise.
You’ll need to hire the services of a professional digital marketing firm. For this, you can apply for a small business loan to effectively cover the expenses.
Digital marketing involves a multi-faceted promotional module, including:
- Facebook Ads: The main advantages of using Facebook advertising are:
- Power to reach a specific target audience: Facebook’s algorithms ensure you reach people according to their age, interests, behaviour, and location.
- Cheaper rate. Facebook ads’ average cost per click is only around USD1.86.
- SEO services: Search engine optimization is a clever tool for online promotion. Here’s why:
- Cheaper than most other online promotion methods
- Sure-shot rise in traffic
- Higher brand credibility, as people trust Google
- Better return on investment than traditional forms of advertising
- SEO helps you stand out
- PPC Advertising: Pay-per-click is quite simple. Its benefits are:
- Pay only when a user reaches your website
- Choose your audience according to demographics
- Measure your exact ROI
- Make adjustments as per requirement
- See impact immediately
- Social Media Marketing: About 96% marketers participate in social media marketing. Here’s why:
- Better brand awareness & brand loyalty
- More inbound traffic
- Enhanced search engine rankings
- Higher conversion rates
- Better customer satisfaction
- Email Marketing: If utilised properly, email marketing can pack quite a punch. It benefits your business by:
- Building strong customer relations
- Developing your own brand
- Building credibility as a business
- You can tune your email marketing strategy as per your time and budget
3. Sponsoring Local Events
Publicity programmes are effective marketing strategies for small businesses. These help establish the brand. The best publicity events are ones that focus on people’s local interests and issues.
You should reach out to people of the community where you business is based and express your goodwill by offering free services or tying up with certain organisations or the government for certain activities that concern or benefit the community.
This not only creates brand awareness, it also builds goodwill among the people. However, events cost money. With small business loans, you can effectively carry out impressionable events in a hassle-free manner.
Promote Product With Free Samples/Demos
Everyone loves freebies — T-shirts, decorative pieces, or household items. If your product or service can be sampled, offer them for free.
It’s all about the personal touch. People love things they can hold, admire, use and enjoy.
But make sure your logo grabs their eyeballs and registers in their mind. So the next time they buy something, they remember you.
Marketing your product or service is crucial to your business. But, it can be quite difficult if you are starting off your own.